Miqra Forum now online

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24 4:46 PM
      With apologies for cross posting.

      Just announced on the SBL Forum:

      Miqra

      Miqra is an online site for scholarly dialogue about literary,
      linguistic, archaeological, social, political, historical, and
      ideological issues in studying the Hebrew Bible. It is not for
      discussion of contemporary religious interpretations of texts or (above
      all!) confessional/doctrinal matters. The assumption is that
      contributors will have the necessary expertise in Hebrew and cognate
      languages; knowledge of ANE history, literature, and culture;
      familiarity with the ever-expanding reading strategies ("methods") used
      in biblical studies; and an interest in collegial discussion – all of
      which should be hallmarks of our discipline. This is a moderated list,
      which means that your comments will be screened to make certain posts
      conform to the above standards. My interest is not in limiting debate
      but promoting scholarly discussion free of ad hominem attacks and other
      types of heavy-handed rhetoric.

      http://216.12.134.77/forums/6/ShowForum.aspx

      Jeffrey

      --