Re(2): [John_Lit] Re: PAvPP

  • panderso@georgefox.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2000
      Thanks, Ken, good points to consider, although predictions made do not
      imply necessarily predictions fulfilled (on both sons of Z).

      You're right that the issue has moved far beyond Parker, and other
      assertions will be analyzed in due time, but it's impressive to me how
      much the non-identity of the BD has been taken over, often uncritically by
      NT scholars as though it is an unquestioned platform upon which to
      construct our new programs and theories. So raising the larger set of
      issues may also be a way to go, although pretty soon we're talking of
      several chapters in a book instead of an essay. Then again, Parker's
      essay (see Charlesworth and Schnackenburg) is one of the most sustained
      pieces on the theme, so it does merit special analysis.

      Thanks for the input!

      PA

      Paul N. Anderson
      Professor of Biblical and Quaker Studies
      George Fox University
      Newberg, OR 97132
      503-554-2651