Status of Elaine Bessette on the list

  • Tom Butler
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 24, 2005
      Dear Jack,
      I'm assuming that I should direct my inquirey to
      you, Jack, since I have not seen any sign of Felix on
      the list for some time. If I'm wrong, please forgive
      me, Felix.
      Bishop Elaine Bessette wrote to me about a week ago
      indicating that she suspects that her registration on
      the Johannine Literature list has been removed, since
      her efforts to send a contribution result in an
      automated message indicating that she is not
      recognized as a registered list member. I asked her
      whether she had received any warnings regarding
      perceived infractions of the protocol for list
      members. She did not indicate that she had received
      such warnings. I double checked the protocol, since
      it has been some time since I last read it. #12 says,
      "Those who fail to observe these protocols will be
      warned. Persistent offenders will be unsubscribed
      and/or banned from the list, if necessary." I gather
      that being removed from the list (if that is what has
      happened) came as a surprise to her. Can you shed any
      light on this, either by replying to this message or
      contacting Elaine directly? Thank you, Jack.

    • Tom Butler
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 24, 2005
        Dear J_Lit Listers,
        Please accept my apologies for mis-directing a
        letter to our list manager to the entire list. Please
        disregard that message. It was intended only for the
        list manager.

      • Jack Kilmon
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 28, 2005
          --- In johannine_literature@yahoogroups.com, Tom Butler
          <pastor_t@p...> wrote:

          > Dear Jack,
          > I'm assuming that I should direct my inquirey to
          > you, Jack, since I have not seen any sign of Felix on
          > the list for some time. If I'm wrong, please forgive
          > me, Felix.
          > Bishop Elaine Bessette wrote to me about a week ago
          > indicating that she suspects that her registration on
          > the Johannine Literature list has been removed, since
          > her efforts to send a contribution result in an
          > automated message indicating that she is not
          > recognized as a registered list member. I asked her
          > whether she had received any warnings regarding
          > perceived infractions of the protocol for list
          > members. She did not indicate that she had received
          > such warnings. I double checked the protocol, since
          > it has been some time since I last read it. #12 says,
          > "Those who fail to observe these protocols will be
          > warned. Persistent offenders will be unsubscribed
          > and/or banned from the list, if necessary." I gather
          > that being removed from the list (if that is what has
          > happened) came as a surprise to her. Can you shed any
          > light on this, either by replying to this message or
          > contacting Elaine directly? Thank you, Jack.
          >
          > Tom Butler

          It could be because I have been AWOL for a while due to business. I
          am back on board and will find her registration request. If I
          missed it, please have her re-register.

          Jack