Pharisees

  • Sgun370@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 12, 2005
      In Marcus Borg's book on Conflict, holiness, and politics of Jesus he quotes something like 339 rules that Pharisee's observed with something like 227 having to do with table fellowship - does anyone have access to that book? I am in London (meaning no access to my personal library) and would appreciate the help.
      Steven Gunderson
    • Don Garlington
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 14, 2005
        Hi Steve,

        On p. 95, Borg states that "No fewer than 229 of the
        341 rabbinic texts attributed to the Pharisaic schools
        of Shammai and Hillel pertain to table fellowship." Is
        this what you are after? Good to hear you've made it
        back to London.

        Don