Tom Butler's theory on the BD

  • Joseph Codsi
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 11, 2005
      In her reply to Michael S. Tibbs, Elaine Bessette made the following remark:

      <<If this trip to the tomb were not meant to be an attempt to fulfill the
      customary anointing carried out by the female 'next of kin' we then have a
      new problem in the inconsistency of the previous mention of the substance
      being saved for the burial.>>

      This implies that it was customary in the Jewish society of that time to
      have the female next of kin anoint the body of a man. Is there any evidence
      to this kind of custom?

      I have a problem with the second part of the statement. Where is it said in
      GJohn that the Mary who anointed the feet of Jesus saved a large amount of
      aromatic oil for the real burial of Jesus? Am I missing something here?

      Cheers,

      Joseph

      ================
      Joseph Codsi
      P.O. Box 116-2088
      Beirut, Lebanon
      Telephone (961) 1 423 145
      joseph5@...

      "Within two decades, most of the world's knowledge will be digitized and
      available, one hopes for free reading on the Internet, just as there is free
      reading in libraries today."

      Michael A. Keller, Stanford University head librarian.
      December 2004