Re: [John_Lit] Tom Butler's theory on the BD

  • Q Bee
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 11, 2005
      On Oct 11, 2005, at 1:57 PM, Horace Jeffery Hodges wrote:

      > There were jumps in your logic as presented in your
      > argument. It's up to you to fill them in for others on
      > this thread.
      >
      > Elaine wrote:
      >
      >>> Thank you for sharing your judgment.<<
      >
      > You're welcome. That's what we're here for. I also
      > gave some advice, which we're also here for.

      Jeffrey,

      I'll work on gathering some of the pertinent passages from de Boer's
      and Jusino's work and post it as time permits. The gaps you perceive
      are I think adequately filled in by de Boer. It will be awhile before
      time permits. ... to be continued...

      Elaine Bessette
      Tacoma, WA
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 11, 2005
        Elaine wrote:

        >>Jeffrey<<

        Just for the record, it's "Jeffery" -- to keep me
        distinguished from the more distinguished Jeffrey
        Gibson.

        Jeffery Hodges

        University Degrees:

        Ph.D., History, U.C. Berkeley
        M.A., History of Science, U.C. Berkeley

        Email Address:

        jefferyhodges@...

        Blog:

        http://gypsyscholarship.blogspot.com/

        Office Address:

        Korea University
        136-701 Anam-dong, Seongbuk-gu
        Seoul
        South Korea

        Home Address:

        Sehan Apt. 102-2302
        Sinnae-dong 795
        Jungrang-gu
        Seoul 131-770
        South Korea
      • Joseph Codsi
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 11, 2005
          In her reply to Michael S. Tibbs, Elaine Bessette made the following remark:

          <<If this trip to the tomb were not meant to be an attempt to fulfill the
          customary anointing carried out by the female 'next of kin' we then have a
          new problem in the inconsistency of the previous mention of the substance
          being saved for the burial.>>

          This implies that it was customary in the Jewish society of that time to
          have the female next of kin anoint the body of a man. Is there any evidence
          to this kind of custom?

          I have a problem with the second part of the statement. Where is it said in
          GJohn that the Mary who anointed the feet of Jesus saved a large amount of
          aromatic oil for the real burial of Jesus? Am I missing something here?

          Cheers,

          Joseph

          ================
          Joseph Codsi
          P.O. Box 116-2088
          Beirut, Lebanon
          Telephone (961) 1 423 145
          joseph5@...

          "Within two decades, most of the world's knowledge will be digitized and
          available, one hopes for free reading on the Internet, just as there is free
          reading in libraries today."

          Michael A. Keller, Stanford University head librarian.
          December 2004