RE: [John_Lit] Paraclete

  • Bob MacDonald
    Message 1 of 28 , Sep 27 5:34 PM
      Bravo Tom

      Somewhere in this dialogue, my original question got lost
      and you found it again.

      I am suspicious that there is a relationship between
      paraclete and naham.

      What is the relationship if any between naham (sorrow,
      repentance) and naham the root of comfort? (In my BDB, these
      both seems to be spelt the same!)

      And one of the main roles of the paraclete is to convict the
      world (us) of sin - and that leads to real 'repentance' and
      're-turn' (cf Peter and the catch of fish).

      Bob

      Bob MacDonald
      http://bobmacdonald.gx.ca
      Victoria, B.C., Canada