[John_Lit] malkuth

  • McGrath, James
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2005
      Apologies if someone said this - too many e-mails have been sent since I
      walked to the library for me to have time to read them all! Malkuth is
      generally agreed to correspond most closely not with 'kingdom' or
      'queendom' but with the English word 'reign'. Since this is not gendered
      in English in the way 'kingdom' is, perhaps using this word to translate
      it will help settle the matter.

      James

      Dr. James F. McGrath
      Assistant Professor of Religion