Re: [John_Lit] Does John conflict with Paul about Jesus being "under the law?"

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2005

      Bill Ross wrote:

      > <Jeffrey>
      > >>How about the one -- of which, if you do read Greek as you claim you do,
      > you are inexplicably oblivious -- regarding participles as having to agree
      > with the case and the gender of that which they qualify?  Can you tell me on
      > what grounds a masculine accusative participle could be taken as qualifying
      > a feminine noun in the genitive?
      >
      > <Bill>
      > Thank you for pointing out my egregious error.
      >
      > As to being inexplicable, please note that on the same day I posted my post
      > I also drove off on my motorcycle twice without remembering to lift up my
      > kick stand. It was one of those days.
      >
      > Again, my sincere thanks.

      Sorry to hear it.  But at the risk of seeming unsympathetic,  I cannot see how
      not remembering to lift up the kick stand on your bike (which, BTW should shut
      down your engine) is in any way analogous to your not knowing why the
      construction you were proposing was grammatically impossible.

      > Would anyone care to address, then, the issue raised about an apparent
      > conflict between 4G and Galatians?

      Since the effect of Gal. 4:4 is to say that Jesus was born a Jew, there is no
      conflict with GJonh, which asserts over and over again that Jesus was a Jew.

      JG
      --

      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)

      1500 W. Pratt Blvd. #1