[John_Lit] REBrown

  • Ken Durkin
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29 8:42 AM
      I've been meaning to ask this for a while. When I came back to the study of
      4G after many years away, I was saddened to hear about the death of Raymond
      Brown. I once attended his road show. It was a week with the Gospel and
      Letters, and morning, noon, and evening, from Monday to Friday, he sat on
      the edge of a table and talked about the Johannine Corpus. I sat as near to
      the front as the throng of nuns would allow. He was brilliant. This was in
      London in September 1984. Some of you knew him well. Was his death sudden,
      or had he been ill? Any thoughts about him?

      Ken Durkin