RE: [John_Lit] Digest Number 1004

  • Bill Ross
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2005
      <Bill Skelton>
      >>I don't think the author of Revelation either encourages or delights in
      actual violence.

      <Bill>
      Encourages, no. Delights in, yes. The Lamb is a hero, just as Bin Laden is,
      but the people are not participants. This is a divine job.

      To make this allegory requires some justification as it is presented as
      revelation given by God to Jesus to reveal to his servants about what will
      come to pass.

      <S>
      >>The surreal violence of Revelation I believe should be understood as
      metaphorical, even ironically so- military victory of Michael and the angels
      representing the Lord's Victory on the Cross etc.

      <B>
      But what of Rev 1? Jesus claims to have received information about *future
      events.* Sorry, I cannot accept this view.

      Bill Ross