Re: Two anointing episodes?

  • pastor_t@pacbell.net
    Message 1 of 43 , Dec 23, 2004
      > Q Bee <artforms@n...> wrote:
      >
      > I highly recommend you read Thomas W. Butler's "Let Her Keep It".
      >
      > Tobias H├Ągerland <tobias.hagerland@r...> wrote:

      > It is not to be found in academic library here in Sweden. (Amazon
      > sells it at USD 60, which is too expensive for me at present.) No
      > major scholarly journal appears to have reviewed it either. I tend
      > to be sceptical towards theories of 'hidden levels' or 'esoteric
      > meanings' in GJohn. Those who wish to know why could read my
      > article 'John's Gospel: A Two-Level Drama?', _JSNT_ 25 (2003), pp.
      > 309-322. For the sake of clarity, I must point out that I do not
      > presume to judge Butler's book without having read it; I simply
      > admit some 'predisposition'.

      Hello Q Bee, Tobias and Old Friends from the J-Lit List,
      I am Thomas W. Butler. I have just re-joined this list after
      almost two years away. I am a United Methodist Pastor, having just
      made a transition from serving the First United Methodist Church of
      Tracy, California to being the Senior Pastor at Sparks United
      Methodist Church in Sparks, Nevada.
      I am the author of Let Her Keep It. Thank you, Q Bee, for
      recommending my book. Tobias, I would be pleased to send you a copy
      of my book. I would be delighted if you would consider reviewing
      it. Unfortunately, I do not have a subscription to JSNT, nor ready
      access to a library that carries it. Would you be willing to send me
      a copy of your article (either on-line, off-list or via snail mail)?
      I have a feeling that you and I have a lot to discuss.
      I don't want this posting to exceed the protocol length, so I will
      post a second message with a brief explanation of my theories and
      method. I look forward to a stimulating dialog.

      Yours in Christ's service,
      Tom Butler, Pastor
      Sparks United Methodist Church
    • Q Bee
      Message 43 of 43 , Dec 23, 2004
        On Dec 23, 2004, at 7:47 AM, pastor_t@... wrote:

        > Hello Q Bee, Tobias and Old Friends from the J-Lit List,
        > I am Thomas W. Butler. I have just re-joined this list after
        > almost two years away. I am a United Methodist Pastor, having just
        > made a transition from serving the First United Methodist Church of
        > Tracy, California to being the Senior Pastor at Sparks United
        > Methodist Church in Sparks, Nevada.
        > I am the author of Let Her Keep It. Thank you, Q Bee, for
        > recommending my book.

        Dear Tom+,

        I'm very pleased to see you here once again.

        Your book has been most helpful in teaching the layers of the fourth
        gospel. I've given your address to several people and I hope they have
        bought it from you. It had better stay in print so that I can continue
        to send people your way. It is a very well crafted piece of work.

        Peace and blessings to all. May you find the Christ in each person you
        meet this Christmas season; and may you be the Christ to each of them.

        Elaine+