[John_Lit] Re: A quote on John

  • kymhsm
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2004
      Dear Joe,

      I have the Morris commentary mentioned. On page 7 he begins
      his introdiction to it with:

      I like the comparison of John's Gospel to a pool in whcih a child
      may .... and an elephant can swim.

      He does not say where the quote originated but he is probably
      quoteable for what he does say. It may well be that, ike you, there
      were so many claimants to the saying that the true originator is
      lost in history.

      When I wrote a quick not I left that one word out, I guess it is
      splash or wade or play.

      Best wishes,

      Kym