Re: [John_Lit] Re: A quote on John

  • Joe Gagne
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2004
      Thank you for your reply, as I do need to get this source. I had already
      tried Google and several other search engines, but none of them was specific
      enough for me to use in my book. I do appreciate your reply though.

      --
      Armand J. "Joe" Gagne Jr. PhD.
      University of South Carolina Sumter
      jogagne@...
      joegagne@...
      http://www.joegagne.com
      http://www.fourthgospel.com

    • kymhsm
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31, 2004
        Dear Joe,

        I have the Morris commentary mentioned. On page 7 he begins
        his introdiction to it with:

        I like the comparison of John's Gospel to a pool in whcih a child
        may .... and an elephant can swim.

        He does not say where the quote originated but he is probably
        quoteable for what he does say. It may well be that, ike you, there
        were so many claimants to the saying that the true originator is
        lost in history.

        When I wrote a quick not I left that one word out, I guess it is
        splash or wade or play.

        Best wishes,

        Kym