Borrowing from Biblical Studies

  • Joseph Codsi
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2004
      I am reproducing here a message with a sense of humor that was posted to the
      group � Biblical Studies � by Joseph I. Lauer - Brooklyn, New York.

      .

      Ron Judd, a columnist for The Seattle Times, reported the following, in
      part, from the Olympic games (Tuesday, August 17, 2004) at
      http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2002007019_juddcol17.html

      Truly older than dirt

      Being here in the ancient world ourselves, we couldn't help but notice
      yesterday's headlines about archaeologists' discovery, in Israel, of an
      ancient cave some believed to have been used by John the Baptist.

      Scientific dating tests revealed it to be 14 months older than our room at
      the Athens Best Western Sarcophagus Inn.

      We kid. Actually, there's another major difference: The baptismal cave had a
      stone used for ceremonial foot washing. At our place, that costs extra.

      Joseph Codsi
      P.O.Box 116-2088
      Beirut, Lebanon
      Telephone (961) 1 423 145
      joseph5@...
      The quest for the historical Jesus as distinct from the Jesus of the faith
      historical_jesus@yahoogroups.com
      Please visit our homepage. Sign in and have access to the archives.