Re: James and Clopas

  • Q Bee
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 10, 2004
      > Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 15:18:25 +0200
      > From: Peter Hofrichter <Peter.Hofrichter@...>
      > Subject: Re: Re: James and Clopas
      >
      > Dear Elaine,
      > only Some additions!
      > Peter

      (snip)

      > Therefore MM was banished from Jesus‘ life. and downgraded as an
      > possessed and sinner, what I do'nt believe she really was. It is only
      > Luke who at the one hand explicitely downgrades MM and at the other
      > gives Mary as the Mother of Jesus a new and glorious personality.
      > Therefore his is called the "painter of Mary" and many old pictures of
      > the Holy Virgin are said to have been painted by him.

      Dear Peter,

      Are we going too far from 4G? I hope we will not be chastised for
      wandering.

      Luke is the patron Saint of iconographers. The tradition is that the Black
      Madonna, "Our Lady of Czestochowa" was painted on a small table top
      purportedly a piece of furniture made by Jesus in Joseph's shop. I find
      this amusing since it is a Nazirite woman with a black mantle that is
      covered with gold fleur-de-lis. It is obviously not 1st century and it is
      far more likely to be an image of MM.

      Peace,

      Elaine