Nazareth "nonexistant"

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 12, 2004
      mr_atoz@... wrote:

      > Unless someone can find an OT reference to a Jesus from the--as yet
      > nonexistant--town of Nazareth

      What do you mean by "nonexistant"?

      Jeffrey
      --

      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)

      1500 W. Pratt Blvd. #1
      Chicago, IL 60626

      jgibson000@...
    • Martin Edwards
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 13, 2004
        --- In johannine_literature@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey B. Gibson"
        <jgibson000@c...> wrote:

        > mr_atoz@y... wrote:
        >
        > > Unless someone can find an OT reference to a Jesus from the--as yet
        > > nonexistant--town of Nazareth
        >
        > What do you mean by "nonexistant"?
        >
        > Jeffrey
        > --
        >
        > Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)
        >
        > 1500 W. Pratt Blvd. #1
        > Chicago, IL 60626
        >
        > jgibson000@c...

        He means exactly what he says: he just spelt it wrong. I'm not so sure
        you really are an Oxford man. Anyone can say they have an Oxford
        degree and Americans are easily impressed by such things. You give a
        Chicago private address, but no current institution. Your
        argumentative methods are:
        1) asking for definitions of terms that any moderately educated person
        understands;
        2) quoting other posters' terms with the implication that their very
        use is ridiculous;
        3) ridicule pure and simple;
        4) asking if the poster has read long reading lists with the
        implication that you have. I should like to exhume your lambasting me
        with Klassen and others on the subject of Judas. It turns out that
        these are all based on the Biblical text and the assumption that Judas
        existed. The assumption itself is not examined. I have read Eisenman
        three times, and the arguments for Judas being a literary device used
        to discredit the Desposyni are sound. I do not say that they are
        proved, only that they are sound. One may, of course, follow the
        Stanton doctrine that no theory outside the concensus is worthy of
        consideration unless it is conclusively proved: I do not. You are a
        sophist and a troll.

        Martin Edwards BA(UEA) PGCE(Hull) RT(England and Wales)
        Last gig: Moseley High School, Birmingham, last Wednesday.