Re: [John_Lit] Re: literay device

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2004
      Martin Edwards wrote:

      > --- In johannine_literature@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey B. Gibson"
      > <jgibson000@c...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Really? And just who was this bishop (name please)? And what is
      > your evidence
      > > that he was a "Roman" puppet?
      > >

      > Now you're being disingenuous.

      Not at all, especially since the issue was whether **your** claim about who and
      what this person was was valid.

      > I'm pretty sure you know his name. I
      > can't remember, but I'll try to look it up at the weekend.

      If you can't remember his name, and yet you are sure about what he was, how
      reliable shall we take your claim to be about his being a puppet of Rome?

      Jeffrey

      --

      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)

      1500 W. Pratt Blvd. #1