Re: Acts 7 speech and 4G convergences?

  • David Trapero
    Message 1 of 26 , Apr 14, 2004

      > > David
      > >
      > If I am correct in my hypothesis that 4G is best understood as
      a 'Wisdom
      > Gospel'

      Could you say a little about what you mean by 'Wisdom Gospel'? Is
      John a Wisdom Gospel in a way that the synoptics are not? And if so,
      why? What makes his so wise? Also, what relationship, if any, does
      4G have to the the words and deeds of (I hesitate to say 'the
      historical') Jesus? What process might 4G's tradition have gone
      through in becoming wise?

      On the Fourth Gospel, A. Q. Morton
      > and J. McLeman, The Genesis of John, St Andrew's Press,(1980), make
      a superb
      > job of arguing that the original (autograph) text of John was in
      codex form.

      I've just spent several hours trying to locate this work by Morton
      and McLeman but to no avail! I confess to being a search engine
      neophite but I think I tried everything. The first St. Andrews Press
      was a Printers shop in England that had nothing to do with publishing
      books so then I went to St. Andrews University in Scotland (where I
      assumed it was published)... anyway it's confirmed I'm missing the
      internet search engine gene along with the mechanic gene. Any
      practical assistance you could provide would be most appreciated. I
      did find something by Morton and McLeman on Philippians (as a
      consolation, it was quite well done)!

      Thank you for all these interesting leads. Bauckham is a giant. I
      most order his Climax of Prophecy post haste!

      Kindly,

      David

      David Trapero M.Div.
      818 2nd St. PL NE #95
      Hickory, NC 28601
      Dtrap303@...
    • Joe Gagne
      Message 2 of 26 , Apr 18, 2004
        You have an A and will be exempted so long as you do not miss any
        classes this semester.

        --
        Armand J. "Joe" Gagne Jr. PhD.
        University of South Carolina Sumter