END THREAD: Khristos Anesti> Helios Anesti

  • Just, Felix
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2004
      Group moderator here:

      Seems like it's time to calm down, stop overracting, and get back to John.

      For the future: yes, this is an academic list, not a religious chat room. But since the Gospel and Epistles of John are themselves religious texts, the distinction is not always clear and obvious.

      So, can we have both a little more tolerance from the non-religious group members, and a little more caution from some of our more religiously-active ones?

      Considering the prominence of Jesus' resurrection in John's Gospel, there's hardly any harm if someone wishes the group a "Happy Easter" (which any group member can simply ignore, if he or she wishes), as long as this doesn't become a major thread - unless, of course, people really wanted to discuss the Johannine concept of resurrection, in contrast to the Synoptics, or whatever.

      Peace to one and all (in the sense of John 20:19, of course)!

      Felix
      Felix Just, S.J., Ph.D. - Director
      Center for Religion and Spirituality
      Loyola Marymount University