Re: [John_Lit] The Cana Miracle Allegory and John's Allegory

  • Matthew Estrada
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2004
      SemioticSymphony@... wrote:
      Matt:

      Yes, the debate is hot, but we're all very tough here ;-). Don't give up so
      easily.

      I think your presentation has some flaws in it, but these are not
      insurmountable. Your thesis needs some adjustment and your argument needs to be more
      systematic, but both might have some real merit.

      If you do not wish to proceed on the list, perhaps you might consider sending
      me a draft, and I will be happy to go through it with you. I received some
      real assistance on this list last year, and turned out a reasonable paper. You
      might very well do the same.

      My response:

      Thank you, Joe, for your offer. I will take you up on it (the draft I will send is *very* rough- I am no scholar). I was wondering about the possibility of something like this, perhaps even asking others (i.e. Roberta Allen, Bill Bullin, and Leonard Maluf) to come on board and see what we can put together for possible publication (???). Just a thought.

      P.S. I know that I do not have "the right clothes".

      Matthew Estrada

      113 Laurel Court

      Peachtree City, Ga 30269