Re: [John_Lit] Re: Tha Cana Miracle Allegory

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 24, 2004
      Maluflen@... wrote:

      > In a message dated 2/24/2004 12:14:00 AM Eastern Standard Time, jgibson000@... writes:
      >
      > > And now since you have some evidence that others besides myself are finding the way you are presenting your case not only tedious and tiresome, but irksome as well, perhaps you
      > > might want to rethink your strategy.
      >
      > I wouldn't say I don't care at all whether you and others find tedious and/or irksome the repetitiveness and prolixity of Matthew's argumentation, but you will pardon me (I hope) for caring just a bit more whether there might be some substance to his argument.

      No asking of pardon necessary.

      But may I ask whether or not you feel that if we accept as true his claims about what "the mother" is asking Jesus to do ("to die"), we get ourselves into some interpretative pickles that are at least somewhat problematic, if not more so than the ones which have
      driven Matt to his conclusion about what is being conveyed in NT stories?

      Yours,

      Jeffrey
      --

      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)