Protocol Reminders

  • Just, Felix
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2003
      Dear Peter, Ken, and Colleagues,

      Because most members of our group are not "moderated", every now and then an automatic "Out of Office" message gets through to the whole group. When this happens, could we ask all the other members of the group to practice some restraint, and not clutter up our Inboxes with additional irrelevant messages?

      A little humor doesn't hurt, but many of us receive dozens or even hundreds of emails daily, so please try to keep all messages relevant to our group's biblical topics.

      And while I'm at it, I regret that I must again ask all group members to keep their messages professional and courteous; please resist the temptation to attack other people too harshly or personally. As our protocols say, "disagree, but don't be disagreeable"! (see http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~fjust/Johannine_List.htm#protocol). "Repeat offenders" may have to be put back on "moderated" status and/or removed from the group.

      Thanks for your cooperation!

      Felix
      Felix Just, S.J., Ph.D. - Director
      Center for Religion and Spirituality