RE: [John_Lit] Introductory texts

  • Newheart, Michael Willett
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2003
      Here are the texts I'm using for my divinity school class on John this
      semester. I think that theyre all excellent.

      Culpepper, R. Alan. The Gospel and Letters of John. Nashville: Abingdon,
      1998.
      Hendricks, Obery. Living Water: A Novel. San Francisco: HarperSanFrancisco,
      2003. Newheart, Michael Willett. Word and Soul: A Psychological, Literary
      and Cultural Reading of the Fourth Gospel. Collegeville, MN: Liturgical
      Press, 2001. Reinhartz, Adele. Befriending the Beloved Disciple: A Jewish
      Reading of the Gospel of John. New York: Continuum, 2001.

      Michael Willett Newheart
      Associate Professor of New Testament Language and Literature
      Howard University School of Divinity
      1400 Shepherd St., NE
      Washington, DC 20017
      Phone 202-806-0638