7th Annual SBL E-Lister's Meeting. First Announcement

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2003
      Apologies for cross posting!

      It's that time of year again when the annual Society of Biblical
      Literature meeting is just round the corner (Nov. 22nd-Nov. 25th) and I
      begin to arrange the now traditional (7th annual!) SBL meeting of NT and
      Biblical e-listers (i.e. XTalkers, B-Greeks, and members of Corpus
      Paulinum, John Lit, Kata Markon, Biblical Studies, T-C List, Ioudaios,
      Synoptic-L, etc. ) who will be going to Atlanta for the conference.

      The meeting itself is planned for Saturday, Nov. 22rd at 11am, as always
      in the Exhibit Hall at -- and with the kind indulgence of the stalwart
      representatives of -- the Gramcord booth (this year Booth 501 in
      International Hall South, Exhibition Level).

      It is a great opportunity to place a face to an one hitherto known only
      as an electronic personality and/or to renew
      acquaintances made at previous SBLs.

      As I've done in the past 6 years in arranging this meeting, I'd like to
      get an advance head count of those of you who are intending to attend
      this year's SBL. I'd also like to know who among the intended attendees
      is presenting a paper during the conference (and at what time and place
      and within what SBL group or section and under what title).

      So this is the first call to write me OFF LIST at jgibson000@...
      and let me know

      (a) if you will be attending;

      (b) if and when and under what aegis you are presenting a paper,

      (c) your paper title, AND

      (d) what you consider to be your "home" E-List.

      I'll keep everyone updated as the info comes in to me.

      Again, write to me OFF LIST.

      Looking forward to seeing you in Atlanta!

      Yours,

      Jeffrey Gibson
      --

      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)