Re: Predestination in John

  • John E Staton
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30 12:06 PM
      Mike Grondin wrote:
      "We should, I think, restrict ourselves
      to what Johannine writings say about predestination (if anything)."

      Actually, Mike, John says quite a bit on this subject, especially in chapter
      6. But what exactly our author says is a more debatable question. 6: 37a and
      6: 44 appear to suggest a belief similar to Calvin's. 6: 37b and 6: 51 (with
      it's "ean tis") appears to suggest something more like an Arminian position.
      Of course, the beauty of the Arminian position is that it can provide an
      explanation of *all* these verses.

      Best Wishes

      JOHN E STATON

      JOHN E STATON