Re: [John_Lit] Re: Re; stauros

  • Jack Kilmon
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2003
      From: "Big_Mart_98" <big_mart_98@...>
      To: <johannine_literature@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2003 1:07 PM
      Subject: [John_Lit] Re: Re; stauros

      > --- In johannine_literature@yahoogroups.com, "John E Staton"
      > <jestaton@z...> wrote:
      > > Martin,
      > > I think it would take more than two quotes from 19th century
      > > commentators (I believe these works come bundled with most online Bible
      > > software) to overthrow the magisterial research on the subject done by
      > > Martin Hengel on this subject. So far you have failed to prove your
      > point.
      > >
      > > Best Wishes
      > > JOHN E STATON
      > > jestaton@s...
      > > www.jestaton.org
      >
      > No doubt. I haven't heard of Hengel. I'll do a search on him in a
      > minute.
      >
      > Mart.

      Mart:

      Hengel is the seminal work on the practice of crucifixion in the ancient
      world. It is essential reading for anyone who wishes to discuss the subject
      in an academic arena.

      It is available in paperback on Amazon.com

      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/104-1592136-6393501

      Jack

      Jack