Re; stauros

  • John E Staton
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 18, 2003
      Martin,
      I think it would take more than two quotes from 19th century
      commentators (I believe these works come bundled with most online Bible
      software) to overthrow the magisterial research on the subject done by
      Martin Hengel on this subject. So far you have failed to prove your point.

      Best Wishes
      JOHN E STATON
      jestaton@...
      www.jestaton.org
    • Big_Mart_98
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 18, 2003
        --- In johannine_literature@yahoogroups.com, "John E Staton"
        <jestaton@z...> wrote:
        > Martin,
        > I think it would take more than two quotes from 19th century
        > commentators (I believe these works come bundled with most online Bible
        > software) to overthrow the magisterial research on the subject done by
        > Martin Hengel on this subject. So far you have failed to prove your
        point.

        > Best Wishes
        > JOHN E STATON
        > jestaton@s...
        > www.jestaton.org

        No doubt. I haven't heard of Hengel. I'll do a search on him in a
        minute.

        Mart.