[John_Lit] Sources

  • Ken Durkin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2000
      Paul

      I read your comments with interest & I've ordered Xology of 4G from Amazon. Back in the last century, in 1987, I published "A eucharistic hymn in John 6?" (written in 1984) in March edition of Expository Times. Accounting for the repetition of "raise it/him up on the last day" in verses 39, 40, 44, and 54, I suggested a eucharistic hymn (with a repeated chorus) as a source, the hymn itself based on a reflection of part of 1 John. If ever you get round to reading this short article I would be interested to know what you think.

      Ken Durkin
      Open University
      UK