Re: [John_Lit] estavrothi

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 16 12:29 PM
      Apologies for not noticing that the LSJ entry on STAUROW that I copied
      from the online L& S at Perseus and included in my last message on the
      topic at hand contained live links which cause the reproduction of the
      entry, and the point I was trying to make by reproducing it, very
      difficult to decipher.

      FWIW, here's the entry without the links.

      staur-oô , ( [stauros] ) fence with pales, Th.7.25; s. ta bathê xulois
      D.S.24.1 :--Pass., Th.6.100.

      II.crucify, Plb.1.86.4, Ev.Matt.20.19, Critodem. in
      Cat.Cod.Astr.8(4).200: metaph., s. tênsarkacrucify it, destroy its
      power, Ep.Gal.5.24, cf. 6.14: hêlosestaurômenos nail from a cross, as
      amulet, Asclep.Jun. ap. Alex.Trall.1.15.

      Yours,

      Jeffrey

      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson