estavrothi

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2003
      Big_Mart_98 wrote:

      > It has come to mean that, but the Greek "estavrothi" means "was tied
      > to a stake".

      In the FWIW department, I just did a tow searches of the TLG for "estavrothi"
      (using ESTANROQ and ESTAUROQ as my search terms). There are no hits
      whatsoever. Perhaps I have misunderstood what Greek word Martin was making
      claims about? If so, I'd be grateful to be corrected

      Yours,

      Jeffrey
      --

      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)