[John_Lit] Re: SBL

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 8, 1999
      About the 'publications'...I didn't know anything
      about this, but I only recently joined this group. By
      'published', I presume is meant solely for this group,
      i.e., not in a book?

      I presented two papers dealing with John, one for the
      Johannine Literature session, one for the Comparative
      Literature session (a panel that I organized). The
      former was actually entitled "Ethical Dualism of Food
      in The Gospel of John"; the latter "Gift-Giving Across
      the Sacred-Profane Divide: A Quasi-Maussian Analysis
      of Heavenly Versus Earthly Food in Gnosticism and
      John's Gospel". The original title for both was
      "Heavenly Versus Earthly Food in Gnosticism, John's
      Gospel, and Judaism". That was a throwaway title used
      due to time pressure when I was hurrying to get my
      paper proposals in to the AAR/SBL organizers.

      For anyone's interest, I also presented a paper in the
      Manichaean session, on Manichaean cosmology. The
      Manichaean group needs more people, by the way. Anyone
      interested?

      So, to return to the original point--what is this
      about publishing?

      Jeff Hodges