[John_Lit] texts

  • Mary Coloe
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 1999
      Greg asked about Quast and why I had reservations about it.
      I find it does not go into sufficient depth of analysis of the text, the
      symbolism, the Jewish background. Even though it is for undergraduates I
      think something more than what this book offers is really necessary for
      students to appreciate the narrative skill of the evangelist and the way
      theology is presented through narrative. I don't like saying it stays on
      the surface because this is not entirely true but nor does it explore the
      deeper issues - perhaps a comparison with some of the others mentioned
      would explain this better.
      Dr. Mary Coloe pbvm
      School of Theology
      Australian Catholic University
      PO. Box 213, Oakleigh. VIC 3166
      ph (61 + 3) 9563 3697 Fax. (61 + 3) 9563 3653.

      http://www.acu.edu.au/theology/coloe.htm

      *** Please note as of March 1 2000 my address will change to
      Australian Catholic University
      St Patrick's Campus
      Locked bag 4115
      Fitzroy Business Centre
      377 Gore Street
      Fitzroy Vic 3065

      Similarly my email address will change to M.Coloe@...

      I do not yet know my new phone numbers but the switchboard will be 9953 3000