Chiasm in Prologue

  • Stan Harstine
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2003
      James,

      You asked about Chiasm in John 1. It is readily recognized by several
      levels. The problem is a consistent interpretation. I cover this topic in
      my discussion of the Prologue in the Sheffield publication, Moses as a
      Character in the Fourth Gospel, pp. 42-49. Ellis proposes a five part
      structure, Staley a seven part structure, and Culpepper a fifteen part
      structure.

      Stan Harstine
      Friends University
      harstine@...