Re: [John_Lit] Spiritual language and anonymity: was "James' ossuary

    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 13, 2003
      Eric wrote:

      "I think there is something more that Paul is getting
      at. The above does not address the instances of
      anonymity without a relational title, such as the man
      born blind. Also, it does not address the instances
      where a character is referred to by name, such as
      Nicodemus. It seems that John could have left his name
      out, without signifcant effect to the story."

      I agree with you. My suggestion was not meant to be
      exhaustive. An author can have various reasons for
      using or not using names.

      447-791 Kyunggido Osan-City

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com