RE: [John_Lit] Jo 12:27-30 = Lk 22:43-44 ?

  • Bob MacDonald
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2002
      Now here's a bit a strange manuscript evidence from 20 centuries after
      writing and 4 centuries after printing - (no fixed number of copied
      characters per roll or page in a folio)

      I looked up Luke 22:43-44 in a non-electronic Bible (Pocket RSV 1971). It
      was right on the page break in the centre of the book - and verses 43 and 44
      do not exist in this edition - there is no tear in the page - they are
      simply not printed! What could we say about that technology that built this
      bible! If Wieland had not asked the question, I would never have noticed
      this anomaly.

      So RSV doesn't have the verses anywhere - and they are bracketed in Nestle
      Greek Text - how would they get into John's gospel if they were not in
      Luke's at all?

      Bob

      mailto::BobMacDonald@...
      + + + Victoria, B.C., Canada + + +