Jo 12:27-30 = Lk 22:43-44 ?

  • Wieland Willker
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2002
      Do you think it is possible or even probable (Harnack) that John got the
      paragraph Jo 12:27-30 from Lk 22:43-44? He changed and adapted them
      considerably: the angel and the blood have been removed, the
      strengthening is not for Jesus, but for the others.

      Best wishes
      Wieland
      <><
      Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
      mailto:willker@...-bremen.de
      http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie
    • Bob MacDonald
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 27, 2002
        Now here's a bit a strange manuscript evidence from 20 centuries after
        writing and 4 centuries after printing - (no fixed number of copied
        characters per roll or page in a folio)

        I looked up Luke 22:43-44 in a non-electronic Bible (Pocket RSV 1971). It
        was right on the page break in the centre of the book - and verses 43 and 44
        do not exist in this edition - there is no tear in the page - they are
        simply not printed! What could we say about that technology that built this
        bible! If Wieland had not asked the question, I would never have noticed
        this anomaly.

        So RSV doesn't have the verses anywhere - and they are bracketed in Nestle
        Greek Text - how would they get into John's gospel if they were not in
        Luke's at all?

        Bob

        mailto::BobMacDonald@...
        + + + Victoria, B.C., Canada + + +