RE: [John_Lit] Re: "Rabbinic Methods"

  • Bob MacDonald
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2002
      Kevin wrote:
      >>Isn't it still arguable that using such language is anachronistic? Perhaps
      a proto-rabbinic method existed in the first and second centuries C.E., but
      certainly not a full fledged one: correct? incorrect? partially correct?<<

      I have been reading some of the books of Hyam Maccoby. He states that
      material committed to writing in the second century was current in the
      first. (Page 27 Ritual and Morality 1999)

      Bob

      mailto::BobMacDonald@...
      + + + Victoria, B.C., Canada + + +

      Catch the foxes for us,