Sabbath/Sabbaths

  • Jack C Pilato
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2002
      In "Chronology of New Testament Times" Ernest Martin makes a case that
      (Luke 4:17-21) when Christ was in Nazareth reading the Scroll, occurred
      during Pentecost. He bases this primarily on the use of the words "day
      of the Sabbaths" or according to him "day of the weeks" . He further
      says this phrase is unusual. I see the plural of sabbath used in other
      gospels and therefore don't understand his reasoning. Since I don't
      know greek, could anyone give me a short lesson on the use of Sabbath
      in the gospels or why his reasoning is correct, incorrect or plausible.

      Thanks
      Jack