introduction

  • efholer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2002
      Greetings list members,

      I don't believe that introductions are standard on this list, but I thought
      I would introduce myself anyway as a courtesy in case an opportunity arises
      for me to contribute to the Johannine dialogue.

      My name is Eric Fholer, I'm 24, live and work in Kirkland, Washington, and
      attend school part-time at Northwest Theological Seminary in Lynnwood, Wa,
      both suburbs in the Seattle metroplex. My educational background includes a
      BA in literary criticism and creative writing from the University of
      Oklahoma, along with some musical performance studies in voice (singing in
      choirs and opera companies was more a hobby for me than a real field of
      study). Beginning in 1999 I spent a year point 5 working through and
      researching the 4th gospel and have been enamoured ever since. Though I am
      appreciative of many other approaches, I am primarily interested in literary
      and rhetorical examinations of the text.

      Currently I am working on an exegetical paper of John 2:1-11 for one of my
      New Testament classes. Once I gain some coherence to my thoughts on this
      pericope I hope to share them with the list for some helpful criticism.

      cheers from warm and sunny Seattle (yes, we have these kind of days!)

      Eric Fholer
      Northwest Theological Seminary
      Lynnwood, Wa