[John_Lit] Re: Teaching John this Fall

  • Patrick Rogers
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 25, 1999
      I've got a small group of undergraduates taking a course on the 4th Gospel;
      some of them interested in finding relevant resource material on the Web.
      Apart from referring them to this Joh_Lit group, can any of you (esp. Felix,
      whom I take to be adept in the current state of electronic exegesis)
      suggest any other electronic sites they should visit, for up-to-date
      discussion of (& articles about) Johannine topics?

      Pat
      ____
      Patrick Rogers
      Mount Argus,
      Harold's Cross,
      Dublin 6W

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 27, 1999
        Patrick, You asked for it...

        most of these contain links for other pages, so I won't list them all here.

        http://clawww.lmu.edu/faculty/fjust/John.htm

        http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre/links.htm

        http://artsci.wustl.edu/~cwconrad/

        http://bildung.freepage.de/terranova/JohEv.html

        http://clawww.lmu.edu/faculty/fjust/Johannine_List.htm#resources

        http://www.skypoint.com/~waltzmn/

        ... and no list would be complete without

        http://web.infoave.net/~jwest/

        Hope that helps.

        Nigel

        Nigel Hanscamp
        Trinity Methodist Theological College
        Auckland Consortium of Theological Education, New Zealand
        Email: nar.hanscamp@...
      • Joe Gagne
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 27, 1999
          My site that I have been working on for over 20 years is located at: http://www.uscsumter.edu/~johnlitr has many listings of books and articles. I am always looking for additional material is people have any that I can add, and I will give credit for any additional material.
        • Felix Just, S.J.
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 27, 1999
            Patrick Rogers wrote:

            > I've got a small group of undergraduates taking a course on the 4th Gospel;
            > some of them interested in finding relevant resource material on the Web.

            In addition to the fine links mentioined by Nigel, I'd also recommend Jenee Woodard's "Resources for the Book of John"
            (http://www.textweek.com/mkjnacts/john.htm)

            Also, in case people haven't noticed, my own webpages devoted to Johannine Studies have been completely redesigned, and my graduate
            students and I are adding new material each week. Please take a look, and if you have any comments or suggestions, please let me know
            (off-line).

            http://clawww.lmu.edu/faculty/fjust/John.htm

            Felix Just, S.J. -- Asst.Prof. of Theological Studies
            Loyola Marymount University -- 7900 Loyola Blvd.
            Los Angeles, CA 90045-8400 -- (310) 338-5933
            WebPage -- http://clawww.lmu.edu/faculty/fjust
          • Patrick Rogers
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 3, 1999
              Many thanks for the kind suggestions received. I'll send a progress report,
              when I see how well my students get on with the electronic helps to John.

              Patrick Rogers
              Mount Argus,
              Harold's Cross,
              Dublin 6W