[JohnLit]In the beginning was the song

  • Elizabeth Danna
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2002
      I am interested in doing some work on the question of how Johannine
      theology has influenced Church hymnology. Has any work been done on
      this question? Thanks for any help anyone can give.

      Elizabeth Danna
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2002
        johannine_literature@yahoogroups.com writes:
        >I am interested in doing some work on the question of how Johannine
        >theology has influenced Church hymnology. Has any work been done on
        >this question? Thanks for any help anyone can give.
        >
        > Elizabeth Danna

        What a great topic, Elizabeth! You might also consider the impact of
        Johannine-related hymnody, therefore, on other theological and popular
        developments.

        Paul Anderson
      • michael Hardin
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2002
          Elizabeth_

          You may wish to see what geoffrey wainwright does in
          Eucharist and Eschatology as well as his Doxology. I
          can't recall but there may be some help in Johannes
          Quasten on Music in Christian Antiquity.

          Happy Hunting!

          Michael Hardin
          Floral Park, NY
          michael1517@...