Re(2): [John_Lit] John and Christian Theology Conference!

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 30, 2002
      johannine_literature@yahoogroups.com writes:

      > Paul, May I ask what "text" the below paragraph from the website that
      >you provided for us refers to that these 3 scholars (Hengel, Moltmann,
      >and Williams) will be discussing? thank you. Matt Estrada

      The text referred to is the Gospel of John, and analyses will consider
      John's extensive impact on Christian theology.

      Thanks for asking,

      Paul Anderson

      >"This will be a major opportunity for biblical scholars and Christian
      >theologians to come together in dialogue around a biblical text which has
      >had a profound influence on Christian theology, especially in the classic
      >formative periods of the theological tradition but which has often been
      >found theologically problematic in the modern period."
      >
      > Paul Anderson <panderso@...> wrote: Dear Colleagues,
      >
      >May I point out what promises to be an outstanding conference on John and
      >Christian theology over a year from now at the University of St. Andrews
      >on the following website:
      >
      >http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/academic/divinity/john_2.html
      >
      >Richard Bauckham will be posting further information as it emerges, but I
      >thought some of you might be interested in planning ahead for travel plans
      >and that some might even want to consider proposing shorter papers.
      >
      >All the best!
      >
      >Paul Anderson

    • Thomas W Butler
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2002
        Dear Paul,
        Thank you for the "heads up" re: the John and Christian Theology
        Conference set for June / July 03.
        I am particularly interested in the Lazarus Narrative portion of
        the program. Are the presenters authors on this topic? Do you
        know something about their perspectives? Will that and other
        portions of the program be published for those unable to attend?