RE: [John_Lit] RE: Elvis in Seattle, as related to FG--is there h umor in FG--or only in us??

  • Staley, Jeffrey
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2002
      Hi Jeffrey,

      Thanks for your spooky message!

      Can't resist, only for once (I hope):

      Just met Jesus' wife in the supermarket.

      thanks for the update! I actually think there is a fair amount of humor in
      FG--for example, I think John 4 is a PARODY of the ancient Hebrew betrothal
      literary type-scene. So I think humor is not far removed from Johannine
      Lit. Or maybe it is just me playing fast and loose with midrash--um,
      intertextuality.

      Jeff Staley