The novel

  • Wieland Willker
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 10, 2002
      Indra SInha <indra.sinha@...> wrote:
      > I am a writer with a deep interest in John's Gospel. For a long time I
      have
      > been nurturing an idea for a novel based around the life of the Apostle,

      This reminds me of an idea I have had a long time ago for a novel:
      What about John being still alive, living in a cave somewhere in Asia minor
      (and having many papyrus books at his disposal of course). Accidentally I
      met him there in the hidden cave:
      "Oh, TIS EI?"
      "IWANNHS."

      Do you have a cheat sheet with all the questions you have for John, in
      KOINH? Be prepared!

      Best wishes
      Wieland
      <><
      ---------------
      Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
      mailto:willker@...-bremen.de
      http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 10, 2002
        johannine_literature@yahoogroups.com writes:
        >Indra SInha <indra.sinha@...> wrote:
        >> I am a writer with a deep interest in John's Gospel. For a long time I
        >have
        >> been nurturing an idea for a novel based around the life of the Apostle,
        >

        >This reminds me of an idea I have had a long time ago for a novel:
        >What about John being still alive, living in a cave somewhere in Asia
        >minor
        >(and having many papyrus books at his disposal of course). Accidentally I
        >met him there in the hidden cave:
        >"Oh, TIS EI?"
        >"IWANNHS."
        >
        >Do you have a cheat sheet with all the questions you have for John, in
        >KOINH? Be prepared!
        >
        >Best wishes
        > Wieland
        > <><

        Look at Robert Browning's wonderful poem about John as an old man, "A
        Death in the Desert." It is a very insightful and probing piece.

        Paul