A request

  • Indra SInha
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 9, 2002
      With the permission of the co-ordinators, I am making the following request :

      I am a writer with a deep interest in John's Gospel. For a long time I have
      been nurturing an idea for a novel based around the life of the Apostle, and
      have been following your debates with great interest, although alas with
      nowhere near the level of scholarship needed to participate. If anyone would be
      willing to spend some of their valuable time conversing with me via email about
      the questions I have regarding dating and authorship of the four gospels, and
      to recommend books I should read, I would be most grateful. So as not to take
      any further time from the discussions please address any replies to
      indra.sinha@....

      With many thanks,

      Indra
      indra.sinha@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 9, 2002
        johannine_literature@yahoogroups.com writes:
        >With the permission of the co-ordinators, I am making the following
        >request :
        >
        >I am a writer with a deep interest in John's Gospel. For a long time I
        >have
        >been nurturing an idea for a novel based around the life of the Apostle,
        >and
        >have been following your debates with great interest, although alas with
        >nowhere near the level of scholarship needed to participate. If anyone
        >would be
        >willing to spend some of their valuable time conversing with me via email
        >about
        >the questions I have regarding dating and authorship of the four gospels,
        >and
        >to recommend books I should read, I would be most grateful. So as not to
        >take
        >any further time from the discussions please address any replies to
        >indra.sinha@....
        >
        >With many thanks,
        >
        >Indra

        Thanks, Indra, one of the best introductions to the four gospels and their
        material is Graham Stanton's Jesus and the Gospels (Oxford). Other fine
        intros exist, but that's a favorite of mine because of its knowledgeable
        coverage of the secondary literature and its consise treatment of the
        issues.

        Paul Anderson