Jesus as the Word

  • frides lameris
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2002
      Dear list members (first at all Peter H.),

      Regarding my last message to Peter Hofrichter,

      in which I wrote a.o.:

      >P.S. I did my doctoral thesis in 1998, at Groningen State University,
      >'proving' (= joining in in the competition for plausbility) that the
      >Johannine version of Jesus's temple cleansing (Jn 2:13-22) is NOT
      >litterarily dependent on its synoptic parallels.

      A list member asked me if a copy of my dissertation was availble.

      So, in this mail I have to correct the state of affairs. I have not expressed myself correctly. In dutch 'doctoral thesis', equates with english 'graduate thesis'. I think Germans would call it 'Magisterarbeit'.

      Although having a thought about a dissertation in the back of my mind, my present academic status is also more modest.

      Kind regards

      Frides

    • frides lameris
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2002
        Dear Leonard,

        You wrote to Peter (3-04-02):

        >4. John's text can easily be explained as based on Matt 10:40, or on the
        >tradition that lies behind this text. It is always very difficult to
        >demonstrate to everyone's satisfaction that John is using the Synoptics
        >because he does so in a manner that is even freer than the way in which Luke
        >uses Matt. It is my hunch that John does know the Synoptic texts, but it can
        >never be more than a hunch, I guess.

        I would be interested to hear your arguments because I see no reason for the Johannine text to dependent on Matthews text.
        Generally I advocate Johannine independence. But of cours this has to be shown bit by bit.

        Kind regards

        Frides Laméris