[John_Lit] Re: Clarifications - Part II

  • Bill Skelton
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 1999
      As I am not a scholar but an interested amateur, I probably will only rarely
      contribute to the discussion, though I may ask a question now and then. I
      hope you all do not mind having some passive members in the group.

      For my part (and for what it is worth) I would like to see the issues of the
      overall purpose and origin of the Gospel of John discussed, its relationship
      to the synoptic gospels, themes such as "eternal life", sacramentalism, the
      Johnannine "Son of Man" etc. The relationship to the DDS would be an
      exciting topic also. But of course I myself won't be contributing and as a
      beggar I can't be choosy I guess!

      Bill Skelton
      wskelto@...