[John_Lit] Re: translation problems.

  • ProfRam@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 1999
      On the matter of jokes, I used to access the IOUDAIOS list, which is a pretty
      serious list, and they had some occasional very good jokes. They serve as a
      reminder not to take ourselves or our electronic theorizing too seriously.
      Were there any others who were not particularly offended? :-)

      Ramsey Michaels
    • Bill Skelton
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 1999
        Hey Felix, did you hear the one about the Jesuit who couldn't lighten up?
        Come on Felix, lighten up!
        >On the matter of jokes, I used to access the IOUDAIOS list, which is a
        pretty
        >serious list, and they had some occasional very good jokes. They serve as a
        >reminder not to take ourselves or our electronic theorizing too seriously.
        >Were there any others who were not particularly offended? :-)
        >
        >Ramsey Michaels

      • Jeffrey B. Gibson
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 1999
          Bill Skelton wrote:

          > Hey Felix, did you hear the one about the Jesuit who couldn't lighten up?
          > Come on Felix, lighten up!

          Being a moderator of two lists, I am painfully aware of how the sorts of messages Felix very gently asked not to be posted here do
          indeed, as Felix fears, have a woefully deleterious effect on current and potential membership, and for the very reasons he stated. So my
          vote is with him on this matter.

          Trust me on this, a call to lighten up is really not on point.

          Yours,

          Jeffrey Gibson
          --
          Jeffrey B. Gibson