[John_Lit] Passover language

  • Francis J. Moloney, SDB
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 1999
      I would simply like to support David Rensberger's remarks of today on the eating issues and the time of Passover.

      It is worth recalling that Peder Borgen's use of Philo's exegetical methods ... and then his use of the Rabbis ... as a model for what was happening in John 6 with regard to eating - once something of a breakthrough - is now under siege.

      I still think that he has something important to say ... but at least he is roughly contemporaneous.

      Frank Moloney
      The Catholic University of America